My Microbiome test analyses the diversity and abundance of microorganisms in your gut. Your susceptibility to diseases and immunity to various pathogens depends on the balance of these microorganisms in your intestine. If your test result shows, you have gut dysbiosis (imbalance of microbes), you might be predisposed to many health conditions like obesity, diabetes, depression, IBD, constipation and frequently catch infections. In that case, you will get a personalized diet plan and recommendations to improve your gut balance, which will help in maintaining good health and fighting viral infections.
Scientific studies have proved that the gut microbiome plays a crucial role in regulating the body's immune response to infections and maintaining health. A healthy gut helps to prevent severe immune responses to viruses like SARS and Influenza that can cause serious damage to the lungs and other vital organs; produces anti-inflammatory metabolites and is involved in mucosal defense and innate immunity responses.
Higher the diversity of microbes healthier is your microbiome. Gut microbiomes contain many different species of microbes each of which play diverse and important roles in immunity. Through this test, the diversity of gut microbiome is tested and scientifically proven ways are recommended for increasing the diversity of your microbiome by looking at your gut microbiome and using AI and predictive analysis to provide you tailor-made recommendations.
MySmart Diet aims to bring about balance in your gut microbiome, thus boosting your immunity and reducing the risk of lifestyle disorders.
MySmart Diet is made up of two components:
1. MyFood Recommendations
Diet recommendations are given based on your unique MyMicrobiome report. These diet recommendations are applicable to you based on your report. They help you to reduce bad microbes and make the environment more favourable for the growth of good microbes in your gut, thus bringing about a balance in the gut microbiome.
Dietary recommendations are given according to the food group. Each food category is divided into 4 categories.
Superfood: Most beneficial food
Goodfood: Fiber and nutrient rich food
Minimize: Food to be consumed in limited quantities
Avoid: Food that is not beneficial for you
Foods are categorised according to your report. Food quantities are given for every food.
2. MyDiet Chart
MyDiet Chart is planned based on your MyMicrobiome test report, your lifestyle and also your medical history. MyDiet Chart is divided into two phases:
- Gut Restoration Diet Chart: Diet is planned to bring about balance in the gut. There are many food restrictions in this phase. This helps to detoxify the body and restore the gut microbiome.
- Gut Maintenance Diet Chart: After restoring the gut microbiome, this balance has to be maintained. Diet is planned with gradually including more food options in this phase. You can follow this diet plan as part of your daily routine.
MyDiet Chart contains 8 meals starting from early morning to bed time along with their timings. They are as follows:
- Early Morning (On wake up)
- After workout (Immediately after workout)
- Mid Morning
Each meal has 2 or 3 options. You can have a different meal option daily. Mentioned below is a brief summary of the diet planned in MyDiet Chart.
1. Gut Restoration Diet Chart
This phase excludes grains, milk and non vegetarian food items. It has to be followed for 10 days.
- Early Morning (On wake up): Includes Morning Detox Drink
- After workout (Immediately after workout): Includes Immunity Booster Smoothie
- Breakfast: Includes
- Mid Morning: Includes Antioxidant Rich Drink
- Lunch: Includes
- Evening: Includes Antioxidant Rich Snack
- Dinner: Includes
- Bedtime: Includes Anti-inflammatory Drink
a. Fiber Rich Breakfast
b. Low Glycemic Index Breakfast
a. Vitamin C Rich Lunch
b. High Fiber Lunch
a. Antioxidant Rich Dinner
b. Fiber Rich Dinner
2. Gut Maintenance Diet Chart
Many excluded foods are included in this phase. Processed foods, high sugar and high fat foods should be completely eliminated from the diet. It has to be followed for 3 months.
- Early Morning (On wake up): IncludesMorning Detox Drink
- After workout (Immediately after workout): IncludesAntioxidant Rich Smoothie
- Breakfast: Includes
- Mid Morning: IncludesAntioxidant Rich Drink
- Lunch: Includes
- Evening: IncludesLow Fat Snack
- Dinner: Includes
- Bedtime: IncludesAnti-inflammatory Drink
a. Milk Based Breakfast
b. Low Fat Breakfast
c. Continental Breakfast
a. Low Glycemic Index Lunch
b. Probiotic Rich Lunch
c. Low Fat Lunch
a. Immunity Booster Dinner
b. Gut Friendly Dinner
c. Low Fat Dinner
Five essential ways to boost your immune system are:
- Get adequate sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Lower your stress
- Eat healthy food
- Avoid alcohol/ smoking
Gut dysbiosis or intestinal dysbiosis refers to a condition in which there is an imbalance of the microorganisms in your digestive tract. These microorganisms, together known as gut flora, consist primarily of various strains of bacteria, and to a lesser extent include fungi, viruses and protozoa. The intestinal flora is vital for digestion and immune functioning. A state of dysbiosis, therefore, results in increased vulnerability to diseases and infections.
Factors that may contribute to gut dysbiosis include:
- Unhealthy diet (processed food, lack of fiber, junk food)
- Antibiotic use
- High levels of stress or anxiety
- Excessive alcohol/tobacco consumption
- Medical treatment such as chemotherapy for cancer
Bione Genetic Susceptibility Test detects specific gene variants present in your DNA that can be responsible for making you more prone to certain respiratory viral infections like SARS and Influenza. If the test result shows that you are more susceptible to viruses, you will be provided genetic counselling.
You should take Bione Genetic Susceptibility test if you want to
- Know about the gene variants which can make you more susceptible to viral infections
- Avail personalized genetic counselling to get insights of your health & fitness
- Avail personalized diet counselling to improve your immunity against viral infection
99.5% of DNA is almost the same among all humans; it is 0.5% that makes each individual unique. Genetic variants or variations are the differences in DNA that make each person’s genome unique. Everyone's genome contains millions of genetic variants that make each person distinctive. Some contribute to differences between humans, like eye colour and blood type. A small number of variants are linked with susceptibility to infections and diseases.
Genetic susceptibility or predisposition means a person has an increased risk of developing the disease due to their genetic makeup. However, having a genetic predisposition does not mean that you will definitely get the disease, but you are more vulnerable to the specific disease.